Monday, October 26

If prunes are dried plums, how can there possibly be prune juice?

In response to last week’s questions, “If prunes are dried plums, how can there possibly be prune juice?,” my sailing friend Kate explained, “That's why I never drink prune juice. It is odd and, well, why drink a suspicious juice when there are other straight-forward awesome tasting juices?” My neighbor Dick added that “Nobody drinks plum juice either...plum wine is a different story.”

My dad’s beach buddy Bob noted that “Prunes are not usually served in their dried state. However, if one consumes the dried variety, they have a way of loosening things up to flow freely.”

The question left my colleague Effie a bit uneasy, as she wrote, “Old people are often referred to as “pruny” so maybe it’s made of squeezed old people. Hmmm, too much Soylent Green! ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soylent_Green)

Please share your thoughts about "things that make you go 'Hmmm' ":

Will eating natural foods lead you to die of natural causes? (from my friend Blair)

Live well...laugh often and heartily….be happy and have a good week…and have fun this Halloween !

Hal

Congratulation to my friend Richard, a regular contributor whose daughter was bat mitzvahed this weekend.

No comments: