Monday, November 2

Will eating natural foods lead you to die of natural causes?

In response to last week’s questions, “Will eating natural foods lead you to die of natural causes?”, my friends Jodie, Stuart and Tracey all agreed, “Naturally.” My colleague Swany added, “Cue the song, Nature's Way by Spirit. It's nature's way of thinning the herd; everyone knows you need a little MSG in your life.

My dad’s beach buddy Bob advised, “Only if you do what comes naturally....spontaneously and quite often. Ahhh, the good life!” My cousin Wes was less optimistic when writing, “Of course, unless you manage to get run over by a bus or equivalent.”

My Earthlink colleague Lisa concluded, “Yes, as evidenced by Euell Gibbons! For those too young to remember, he was the spokesperson for Post Grape Nuts cereal. As I remember it (being a kid at the time), he was known for walking around the woods and advocating eating twigs and pinecones and stuff.” My birthday bud Jon added, “True story: when famous natural food guru Euell Gibbons died, the radio reported that "he died of natural causes."

My neighbor Dick shared, “There is no such thing as "natural food." All things (plant and animal) have to be killed before you eat them!” My sailing friend Rich observed, “If you pick the wrong mushrooms, it is possible. BTW: Is being eaten by a shark or a tiger considered a natural death?”

And then my friend Marlene found the positive: “Blair, Joe and I just returned from attending a wedding. We didn't eat too many "natural foods" there, so I guess we're safe!”

Please share your thoughts about "things that make you go 'Hmmm' ":

When is your clothing an outfit and not a costume?

Live well...laugh often and heartily….be happy and have a good week.

No comments: