Monday, May 10

Do egotists talk about other people?

In response to last week’s question, "Do egotists talk about other people?", my politically astute friend Kevin said, "Yes. Example: Rush Limbaugh."

My friend Tracey observed, "Yes, but only in relation to themselves. Have a conversation with my mother someday. You'll see how it works."

My dog rescuing friend Kate replied, " Yes, but not nicely....I should know!" My cousin Wes echoed Kate, "Of course we do, We have to talk about the lesser beings in order to compare and define our greatness."

My Ph.D. friend Richard observed that other than Kate and Wes, "They aren’t even aware that anyone else exists. They can’t see them due to a persistent “I” problem."

My dad's beach buddy Bob agreed that they talk "only in a derogatory manner." My birthday bud Jon noted that it is " in negative comparison to themselves." And my college roomie John observed, " only if the other people are stroking their ego."

My sailing friend Scott and friend Royce concluded that this happens "only when they also have multiple personality disorder or schizophrenia."

My former colleague Chris was reminder of the saying about the minds of people which I think holds true even today. " 'Small minds talk about people, Average minds talk about events and Great minds talk about ideas.' If that is true then most egotists would be small minded whether they are talking about someone else or themselves. So if they are small minded then it really doesn't matter if they talk about other people. Of course that is just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Please share your thoughts about "things that make you go 'Hmmm' ”:

When people say 'Excuse my French', what word are they excusing?

Live well...laugh often and heartily….be happy, have a good week and never regret anything that made you smile!

No comments: