Monday, May 3

Ever wonder what the speed of lightning would be if it didn't zigzag?

In response to last week’s question, " Ever wonder what the speed of lightning would be if it didn't zigzag?", my sailing friend Kurt figured out that lightning that didn't zigzag would "be slower since it is already taking the path of least resistance, sort of like me."

However, my dad's beach buddy Bob argued that it would be "much faster and straight to the point." My birthday bud Jon and college roomie John want to agree, writing "Hate to sound like one of your scientific or engineering buddies, but the speed would be same. It would just get there sooner."

"You know, we rush everything these days" noted by Parrothead friend Sam, who just earned her PhD. "Maybe lightning is just taking the time to smell the stars and sky? We don't need to know how much faster the lightning is - just enjoy the ride with it - and avoid the last zag!"

My friend Royce safely answered, "Very fast" as my friend Steve recalled, "I can only think of the AFLAC duck going 'huh!' " My former colleague Chris observed, " It would still be the speed of light, but at least now when I turn on the light switch it would be more "instantaneous" and we could officially call it "IOL - (Instant On Lighting)." "

My former colleague Swany reported that "according to Michael Jackson, lightening takes about 21 years. (Think skin.)" My sailing and writing friend Rich asked "would Zorro be a more effective injustice fighter if didn't waste his time leaving zig zag graffiti on bad guys? "

And my neighbor Dick then asked, "Is 'greased lightning' even faster?"

Please share your thoughts about "things that make you go 'Hmmm' ”:

Do egotists talk about other people?

Live wll...laugh often and heartily….be happy, have a good week and never regret anything that made you smile!

Hal

Swany also shared that "Zig-zag always reminds me of this… http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YN1WxSITwWw . "

No comments: