Tuesday, June 1

If you can have a cousin once removed, can it be taken back?

In response to last week’s question, "If you can have a cousin once removed, can it be taken back?", my friend Richard explained his affirmative answer with, "I think they are like warts. You can get them removed, but that doesn’t mean they won’t come back again… Usually when they want something from you!" My friend Swany said, " Yes, it's called a second cousin."

My birthday bud Jon understands, "In some parts of the country, only by remarriage. My college roomie John explained, "Since I am from Pennsyltucky, we have a different way a looking at our cousins?! What do you mean by "once removed"? Is that from the dating crowd? We like to think of it as "catch and release"!


My friend (and proud mom of a bar mitzvah this past weekend) Tracey wrote, "I hope so although my family tree is full of nuts and wild monkeys." To this, my dad's beach buddy Bob shared, "Who wants to take them back? They were removed for good cause to begin with. Let the sentence stand...Guilty as charged." My friend Royce agreed, "Do you really want to take "it" back?"

Please share your thoughts about "things that make you go 'Hmmm' ”:

What is the difference between slow things up or slow things down? (from my Caribbean and local sailing friend Mike)

Live well...laugh often and heartily….be happy, have a good week and never regret anything that made you smile!

Hal

Note 1: No update next week (Jun 7) as I will be sailing in St Martin/Anguilla and not near email.


Note 2: A special call-out to the many people involved in this past weekend's Nibble & NoshFest: This is proof of what a team of people can do. We created a food festival that attracted a huge number of people, sold out food from several vendors and heard that even more vendors want to return next year.
As many, many of you expressed your appreciation for my leadership, please know that it was my pleasure to work with you in the name of community outreach, good food and to prove that there are a large number of people that want to help (volunteer).

No comments: