Monday, June 14

What is the difference between slow things up or slow things down?

In response to last week’s question, What is the difference between slow things up or slow things down?," my neighbor Al responded, "It all has to do with Kama Sutra." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kama_Sutra

My friend Richard observed, "If you are on an elevator, slowing things up is OK. Otherwise, you'd shoot past your floor. On the other hand, if the elevator has failed and you are hurtling towards the bottom of the shaft, then slowing things down would be a VERY good thing!" Similarly, my dog loving friend Larry noted, "Depends on what height on the ladder you're at."

My dad's beach buddy Bob understands that "It is a way of getting to the center of things" while my friend Blair explained, "Up north, people slow down. Down south, people slow up."

"My Dad at the Lake of the Ozarks chimed in," wrote my friend Cheryl, "that slowing up is actually speeding them up and slowing down is the only way to go slower. I personally think bank loans are actually slowed up when I apply for them and slowing down refers to dating as in right before you get dumped!"

My pilot friend Ted proposed, "Slowing up means pointing the nose up without adding power so you gain altitude and lose airspeed Slowing down is a bit harder, but can be done by decreasing throttle, extending flaps, lower gear and add up trim, then the plane will slow 'down'".

Please share your thoughts about "things that make you go 'Hmmm' ”:

Do flying fish travel in a school or a flock? (during my sailing trip with my friend Jim)

Live well...laugh often and heartily….be happy, have a good week and never regret anything that made you smile!

No comments: