Monday, August 9

Are your days numbered?

In response to last week’s question, "Are your days numbered?", my friend Effie observed, "My calendar seems to think so." My friends Royce and Richard concurred, "Just look at your calendar, Dude." However, my writing and sailing friend Rich challenged, "Nope, they are named."



My friend Kevin determined that "Yes, every single one of them is numbered. Today's number is 2." For my sailing friend Kurt, "after misplacing several days, I no longer know which number I am on. I think it is 16,816 give or take a couple of weeks."

My dad's beach buddy Bob took the holistic view, writing, "of course, hour by hour 0 to 24…day by day 1 to 31, month by month 1 to 12…and for me, year by year, 1930 to ? "

My birthday bud Jon declared, "Some seem infinite" while my sailing friend Mike, who needs to do some more sailing now that he has a clean bottom, was equally positive, "Prime numbers only for me."


My computer consulting friend Alan said, "Yes, some more than others." My college roomie John was a bit more descriptive, writing "most days feel like a good number and then many more to follow. Some days feel like a bad number and not too many left. When sailing, that day is a good number, for I feel energized!"


My pilot friend Ted wrote, "Of course they are-- I'm married. Remember?"


In closing, my neighbor Al reminds use to choose to make every day a good day when he wrote, "Since my very athletic and healthy brother just had a massive heart attack I tend to believe YES."


Please share your thoughts about "things that make you go 'Hmmm' ”:


              When people say "For Pete's sake" and
            "Oh, for the love of...", who is Pete?


Live well...laugh often and heartily…. have a good week and never regret anything that made you smile!

Enjoy the day:  It's 8-9-10.

No comments: