Monday, August 23

If people bug other people, then what does a bug do to annoy another bug?

In response to last week’s question, "If people bug other people, then what does a bug do to annoy another bug?", my friend Patrick concluded that they "probably badger or henpeck." My neighbor Al determined that they "pester" while my friend Richard declared, "He tweets them."


My writing and sailing friend Rich wrote, "Just be himself" to which my dad's beach buddy Bob expanded, "It is called "doing what comes naturally". Bugs do bugs and people try to imitate them."

My friend Swany had a different point of view when he wrote, "They put their finger, er, leg right next to their face not quite touching them and repeat, over and over, 'I’m not touching you'.”

My college roomie John wrote, "Hopefully, only a few people bug other people and not most of the time. Bugs are indifferent to other bugs, they are too busy bothering people." However, my organizational behavior friend Marya shared, "a funny question for a Wisconsin gal. When a bug buzzes in my ear, it annoys me. Then the bat swoops to eat it. A flying rat near my head, not so funny and will make you move faster than an electric shock to your rear!"


Please share your thoughts about "things that make you go 'Hmmm' ”:


   Why is it that you can salmonella from a chicken egg?
     (as occurred in last week's giant egg recall)


Live well...laugh often and heartily…. have a good week and never regret anything that made you smile!


Hal


PS: My friend Chris proposes propagating the theory about being more literal in our statements. For example, when someone says "You know what really bugs me?", I state "bugs!" and "You know what really floats my boat?", I almost always respond with "Water!"

No comments: