Monday, September 13

What is a palooza?

In vein of Demetri Martin, Steven Wright and George Carlin, here are responses to last week’s question, "What is a palooza?", my friend Swany concluded it was simply, "a pack of palookas." My friend Royce, however, believes "a palooza has to be a Polish sausage." And my birthday bud Jon thought "It’s like a lallapaplooza, only shorter. Or a horse with poor spelling."

My Parrothead friend Sam observed that "palooza is something you do with friends that 'oozes' fun... sweat... germs... screaming - take your choice!" My neighbor Dick was a bit more analytical when he wrote, "We must examine the parts of this word: pal (friend), ooza (from the Greek ouzo- potent drink). Put the words together and it means: 'My friend is a drunk Greek'."

Please share your thoughts about "things that make you go 'Hmmm' ”:

       How many texts do you need to send to make a textbook?

Live well...laugh often and heartily…. have a good week and never regret anything that made you smile!

No comments: