Monday, September 27

Why is right right?

A ponderable with the humor in the vein of Demetri Martin, Steven Wright and George Carlin, here are responses to last week’s question, " Why is right right? ", my dad's beach buddy Bob wrote, "Only politically speaking, otherwise continuing to go right has you going in circles." My cousin Wes agreed, at least directionally, as he said, "If you go right enough, you will always be going the right direction. For example three rights make a left. So even if left is right, you can go left by making enough rights, and we all want to be right don't we?"

My birthday bud Jon concluded, "Because anything else would be wrong" which my weight losing friend Bruce simplified, "because wrong is wrong."

My cousin Valarie challenged, "What's left?" My friend Royce observed, "If you are a liberal, it's more like "left is right" which then gets into the age old question of whether you are a right or left brain person."

My writing and sailing friend Rich responded , "who says it's right? Sailors, being of a higher moral fiber, chose to use the non judgmental starboard."

My neighbor Al explained, "If the written right is not spoken right, it can lead one right down the primrose path. When one writes right they must ensure that the philosophical rite is considered. Not to be confused with the rite of passage. That would imply that the written right refers to the starboard side or towards the east when facing north. That would just be wrong."

My friend Chris shared, "Because that is the directions I was given on MapQuest...and they're always right...right?"

My friend Sandy, in her first contribution, wrote, "alphabetically, right comes after left, so when you line them up alphabetically, right is right. Right?"

And then my 3D cable friend Cheryl provided a musical solution, "If loving you is wrong I don't want to be right (in other words left out)."

Please share your thoughts about "things that make you go 'Hmmm' ”:

       How do you know you've received an endless salad?

Live well...laugh often and heartily…. have a good week and never regret anything that made you smile!

Hal

No comments: