Monday, January 3

Should you make a New Year’s resolution about something you’ve already accomplished?

A ponderable with the humor in the vein of George Carlin, Steven Wright and Demetri Martin:

In response to last week’s question, “Should you make a New Year’s resolution about something you’ve already accomplished?”, my friend Richard observed, “It would probably be the first one any of us could actually keep!” To this, my friend Swany concurred, writing “I already did.”

My friend Royce wrote, “Of course! This way you won't feel guilty.” My cycling friend Ted was more emphatic when he wrote, “Hell yeah!! That way you can't break your promise!”

My temple friend Vivian offered support, writing, “Of course! Why not do something the easy way and celebrate it twice?” And my engineering friend Steve added, “Sounds like something a self esteem coach would suggest; no chance of failure.”

My birthday bud Jon added his support from Jerusalem, “That’s sort of how I do my year end evaluations for work -- try to make the goals for the year look like what I happened to have done.”

Then my friend Tracey wrote, “How can you resolve to do something that you have already accomplished? The only exception would be to resolve to continue doing something you set out to do.” To this, my dad’s beach buddy Bob recommended, “The new one should be that we are steadfast in maintaining our accomplishments.”

Please share your thoughts about "things that make you go 'Hmmm' ”:

         How does mucus (your nose) run at temperatures that most liquids freeze but not when the temperature is warm?

Live well...laugh often and heartily…. have a good week and never regret anything that made you smile!
Hal

No comments: