Monday, January 31

Does gravity push or pull you?

In response to last week’s question, “Does gravity push or pull you?”, my organizational behavior guru friend Marya declared, “Once in a while gravity pushes me...like when I wear heels, enjoy a bottle of Chardonnay, and try to walk the cracked sidewalks of Minneapolis. Makes a great story.” My marketing and mom-of-two friend Megan concluded, “I think both, that's why I constantly feel I'm living a game of tug of war!”

My pilot (and cycling) friend Ted responded, “Gravity will either push or pull you depending on whether your butt is pointed skyward or earthward!” My dad’s beach buddy Bob explained, “Gravity keeps my feet firmly on the ground but I wish it could relocate some "progressives" to Zimbabwee.”

My friend Richard observed, “When expressed in the form of weight, gravity mostly depresses you.” My neighbor Dick explained further, “The truth is more deceptive than you think. Actually the mass of your body is insignificant compared to the weight of the atmosphere pressing down on you. A true measure of your weight would involve how much atmosphere is pressing down on you (tall people would weigh more). Of course we should expect to weigh more when there is a "high pressure system" weighing us down than at time of "low pressure systems" in your area.”

My marketing friend Jeff warned “that gravity pulls you since it is called the gravity pull on the NASA show. The problem is that it begins to make you shorter after 60 years of exposure.”

My friend Royce echoed McCartney and Lennon, writing, “Only thing I know is that it has a hold on me.” And my writing and sailing friend, aware that gravity can increase around rum and beer bottles, shared, “Answers.com sez gravity pushes. How Things Work sez gravity pulls. My son's T-Shirt sez gravity sucks.”

Please share your thoughts about "things that make you go 'Hmmm' ”:

    If all the world is a stage, where is the audience sitting?

Live well...laugh often and heartily…. have a good week and never regret anything that made you smile!

Hal

For another answer, give a listen to, you guessed it, Jimmy Buffet’s Gravity Storm: http://new.music.yahoo.com/jimmy-buffett/tracks/gravity-storm--487219. With this new knowledge, a have a safer, fun week.

No comments: