Monday, February 21

How long is eventually?

A ponderable with the humor in the vein of George Carlin, Steven Wright and Demetri Martin, this is in response to last week’s question, “How long is eventually?,” my friend Blair knew the simple answer, “Eventually comes after a while.”

My cable TV friend Megan suggested it is “about as far away as "over yonder".    This response made me realize that I'm not doing a good job indoctrinating my kids with these "Southernisms", as well as toting or ‘a piece’!” 

My dad’s beach buddy Bob was a bit pessimistic as he wrote, “It is always out of reach.”  My friend Richard added, “I believe eventually ends on the day that Hell freezes over. If we can find out when that happens, we’ll have our answer. Personally, I believe it will be in 2035, when Justin Bieber stars as Moses in the musical remake of “The Ten Commandments”.”

My college roomie and sailing friend John took the optimistic view, writing, “However long it takes.  Varies by people and their priority.”  To this, my sailing friend Kurt added, “It depends on what you are doing, although it does get shorter once you start.”

My birthday bud Jon was indecisive in his often pun-ny way, “I’ll let you know.  Eventually.”  My friend Royce agreed, “It’s when you eventually get around to it.”

My writing and sailing friend Rich applied, “E=MC², which works out to Eventually equals how Much you Care Squared about what you are waiting for. For me, I’m usually waiting for my wife, or the wind. Both can take a long time to get ready to do their thing.”

My marketing friend Jeff defined eventually as “sometime between Now and Never!”  To this, my temple friend Vivian concluded, “It depends to whom you are telling that.  If you are telling "eventually" to your children, it means forever and ever.”   My friend Tracey agreed, “Eventually is how long it takes for my 13 year old to do anything!

Please share your thoughts about "things that make you go 'Hmmm' ”:

How far is “over yonder”?  from my friend Megan

Live well...laugh often and heartily…. have a good week and never regret anything that made you smile!

Hal

If you can spare 90 seconds, I would appreciate you following this link --- it’s not asking for money.  It’s a project that has been developing over the past 20 years, and will be completed by the first week of May.  Please visit my 100 Pints project on Facebook and “like” the page --- or email me with any questions.

No comments: