Monday, February 14

If Love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?


A ponderable with the humor in the vein of George Carlin, Steven Wright and Demetri Martin, in response to last week’s question, “If Love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?”, my birthday bud Jon explained, “It feels good,” which my friend Swany restated, “One word: Braille.” But my dad’s beach buddy Bob cautioned, “You have to get the feel of it.”  My running buddy Tony agreed when he added, “what better way to feel your way around. It is all about the tactile.”

My sailing friend Kurt clarified, “Love is blind, I'm not.”  To this, my neighbor Al adjusted, “Love is blind ... but not sex.”

My friend Richard, who has his doctorate in this field advised, “Because you are confusing lust with love.  Lingerie = lust.”  While my friend Royce added, “Love may be blind, but lingerie stimulates the id,” my optimistic friend Patrick concluded, “Because lust sees 20/20.”

My college roomie John expressed his confusion, “Is lingerie popular? Just show up with beer - that is love!” 

My cousin Wes waxed philosophically, “Perhaps men are blind to everything else but what the lingerie ‘hides’.”  My sailing friend John observed, “Can we just be honest here?  The lingerie is not necessarily for the one you love … we seem to appreciate it most when it’s on someone else!”

My cousin Greg paused from his studies to explain that “because blind people need love too,” which leads to my friend Ivan’s logical conclusion at the bottom of this email.

Please share your thoughts about "things that make you go 'Hmmm' ”:
How long is eventually?
Live well...laugh often and heartily…. have a good week and never regret anything that made you smile!

Hal

From my friend Ivan, in celebration of Valentine’s Day:
G-d is love
Love is Blind
Stevie Wonder is Blind
Therefore: Stevie Wonder is G-d

Stevie Wonder is popular; G-d is more popular

Some people love G-d; Everyone loves Lingerie
Therefore Lingerie is more popular

If God is more popular; And Lingerie is more popular
Therefore: Lingerie is G-d, QED

G-d I love Logic!  And Lingerie!!!

ALSO: Best wishes to Watson, the computer, who competes on Jeopardy this Mon-Wed against champions Ken Jenning and Brad Rutter.

And this quick reminder if you haven’t visited and “liked” my 100 Pint project on Facebook.

No comments: