Monday, April 25

How can you be certain that in this world nothing is certain but death and taxes?

In response to last week’s question, “How can you be certain that in this world nothing is certain but death and taxes?”, my friend Swany responded, “because it kills me every time I have to pay my taxes.”

My sailing friend Scott explained, “You can't be certain. Of that, I am certain.” However, my cousin Valarie, countered, “For the life of me, I'm taxed to be certain. Taxing question, I'm deadly certain. BTW: "Death" and taxes?! I thought we certainly had debt and taxes!”

My friend Richard observed, “there is one thing even more certain than death and taxes: The alumni association from any school you ever attended will find you! In fact, my theory is that if we ever really want to find Osama bin Laden, all we need to do is get him listed as an alumnus of our schools. One of them is certain to find the cave in which he is hiding.”

My dad’s beach buddy Bob added, “Franklin missed two: a nagging wife and a back seat driver.”

And my friend Royce offered a solution, “Death may be inevitable, but as far as taxes go, I'm gonna sneak in to Mexico, become an illegal, and then I won't have to pay taxes.”

Please share your thoughts about "things that make you go 'Hmmm' ”:

If you are traveling at the speed of light, and turn your lights on, what happens? from my friend and neighbor Henry

Live well...laugh often and heartily…. have a good week and never regret anything that made you smile!

No comments: