Monday, April 4

What are you celebrating when you celebrate April Fool’s Day?

A ponderable with the humor in the vein of George Carlin, Steven Wright and Demetri Martin.  In response to last week’s question, “What are you celebrating when you celebrate April Fool’s Day?“, my friend Royce suggested, “fooling around.”

My birthday bud Jon said, “Bosses Day” to which my friend (description removed to protect him) Steve thought it was “My employer! (Please don't put this in if there's anyone on the list that'll get me in trouble).”

My friend Richard responded, “You are simultaneously (1) celebrating the fact that it is now April and thus winter is over, and (2) recognizing you are a damned fool if you actually believe that winter is actually over!” My friend Kevin shared, “It’s all the really dumb decisions I've made in my life...which are too numerous to count.”

My NoshFest friend Ellen is celebrating “my wonderful husband’s birthday!” while my WV friend Mary Rich is celebrating “my niece’s birthday – and another year of her NOT receiving a Styrofoam cake!”

My animated and optimistic friend Vivian declared, “That's a chance to REALLY celebrate the kid in all of us without having to make an excuse for it.”

My cousin Wes and my dad’s beach buddy Bob explained that it celebrates “National Atheist Day (Psalm 14:1).” My cable marketing friend Patrick noted that we are celebrating “gullible people.”

My neighbor and running buddy Henry then clarified it all, “April 1st used to be the original ‘New Years’. So by celebrating April Fool’s Day, you are actually celebrating (or mocking) those that refused to change their new year to January 1st.”

Please share your thoughts about "things that make you go 'Hmmm' ”:

      Is OCD supposed to be hyphenated?

Live well...laugh often and heartily…. have a good week and never regret anything that made you smile!

Hal

No comments: