Sunday, July 17

Can you have cold hot wings?


A ponderable with the humor in the vein of George Carlin, Steven Wright and Demetri Martin.

In response to last week’s question, “Can you have cold hot wings?”, my videographer friend, Ivan, who I’ve not seen for too long recalled, “I once ordered Chernobyl Hot chicken wings. They served me medium hot wings that were burned on the outside and still frozen on the inside. They were Burnt Cold Medium Hot wings. Go figure.”

My neighbor Al explained, “Definitely! It's just like when you'd meet a hot babe at a bar and she'd give you the cold shoulder.” My dad’s beach buddy concurred, “They are the ultimate clue to rejection.”

My friend and former colleague Andrew clarified, “Yes. ‘Cold’ refers to temperature, ‘hot’ refers to spiciness. My wife is from India, and she often has "cold hot" things, such as cold mung bean salad with lots of chili spice in it. Kind of weird to have a dish that while cold, makes you sweat!”

My friend Tracey shared, “Absolutely... and sometimes they are tastier that way, especially for breakfast.” And my sailing friend Kurt said, “Yes, they only burn at one end.”

And then my sailing and writing friend Rich shared his restaurant industry experience, “there is a category whose growth has recently exploded. It is of course the "Breastaurant", Tilted Kilt, Twin Peaks, Bone Daddy's and of course the "Eve" of them all, Hooters. The point of these places are to get you to trade your hard earned cash for mass quantities of cold beer and warm hot wings. The problem is that for some reason there is a loss of focus for the patron and by the time he gets to his order he has warm beer and cold hot wings. Amazingly, this seems not to be a problem.”

Please share your thoughts about "things that make you go 'Hmmm' “:

          Why is verb a noun (and not a verb)?

Live well...laugh often and heartily…. have a good week and never regret anything that made you smile!

No comments: