Monday, August 22

Can a woman work in a manhole?


A ponderable with the humor in the vein of George Carlin, Steven Wright and Demetri Martin.

In response to last week’s question, “Can a woman work in a manhole?”, my friend Tracey challenged, “Yes, but why would she want to?” My friend Swany suggested, “If she is a proctologist.”

My writing and sailing friend Rich shared a similar view, saying “Of course she could, if she wanted. She is woman after all and nothing is beyond her ability. The thing to remember is that it was a woman who looked at the hot, smelly, dank and dark hole in the ground and declared "that's a man-hole", I"ll supervise from the cool, dry, brightly lit corner office.”

My sailing friend Kurt added, “I have to say yes based on observing ‘Man Overboard drills’ which work equally well for recovering women from the water.”

My dad’s beach buddy Bob saw another perspective, explaining, “It happens all the time, but notice how they soon have frilly touches to them like curtains instead of cobwebs. That is how they make a man whole and to their liking.”

My neighbor Dick cautioned, “every answer I could think of, although some very clever, were a bit too smutty for publication” to which my friend Royce added, “I respectfully decline to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me.” One of my birthday buddies’ comments was more risque, writing “No, but the opposite is true.”

My college roomie John and cycling friend Ted dared to write, “I say sure, but then I cannot help but think, Can a man work in a womanhole and is that considered work? I guess the ladies can answer that best?!”

Please share your thoughts about "things that make you go 'Hmmm' “:

      If everything synthetic is made with oil, what is synthetic motor oil made from? (from my friend Bill)

Today is the oldest you’ve ever been yet the youngest you’ll ever be. Enjoy this day while it lasts and remember to smile.

No comments: