Monday, October 31

If you are not around, are you a-square?

A ponderable with the humor in the vein of George Carlin, Steven Wright and Demetri Martin.


In response to last week’s question, “if you are not around, are you a-square?”,  my left-leaning birthday bud Jon concluded, “You can be both. Like Rush Limbaugh.”

My friend Richard proposed, “You could just be amorphous. Or possibly asymmetric.”  My neighbor Dick countered, “I'd rather be a-triangle, but I would try not to be obtuse.”

My cycling and possibly running friend Ted responded, “if you’re not around, your just not there, but not a square.”  My dad’s beach buddy Bob challenged, “Much depends on your whereabouts.”

My M&M’s friend Jeff recalled, “the infamous words of Huey Lewis and the News "it's hip to be square" therefore when I am not around I AM square!”

My DISH advisor Brett observed, “If you are around 'too much,' you are most likely very square."  And my friend Alan concurred, “I’m definitely a-“round” all the time, including when I’m around….”

My friend Royce questioned, “But what happens when I go around a city square? Can I do that?”  And my cousin Wes asked, “If you are a trapezoid, is that like paranoid (para-llel lines)?   

Please share your thoughts about "things that make you go 'Hmmm' “:

When would you be completely full (instead of simply ‘full’)?

Today is the oldest you’ve ever been yet the youngest you’ll ever be.  Enjoy this day while it lasts and remember to smile
Hal

No comments: