Monday, December 12

What is the opposite of hotcakes?


In response to la st week’s question, “What is the opposite of hotcakes?”, my dog rescue friend Kate and former colleague Chris realized it would be “cold pies, which are good for breakfast too.”   My dad is in the holiday spirit, saying “cold potatoes, particularly this time of the year when we have potatoes latkes.”  And my friend Richard called for “Cold cuts!” My sailing cousin Steve, a man after my own heart, knows it is “ice cream sandwiches!”

My friend Tracey scored points by responding simply, “ Icing. ;-)~      My dad’s beach buddy Bob explained, “This one is a bone crusher...hmmm must be something cold?....Like my cheese cake that really sticks to your ribs.”  My CO cousin Wes believes it is “Hostess chocolate cupcakes. They are good cold, frozen or room temperature. You only need a glass of milk; no butter; no syrup.”

My college roomie John saw life from a different view, saying “probably a low fat bran muffin and fruit.”

Then my neighbor Al interpreted the question differently, answering, “an old hag” to which my videographer friend Ivan clarified, “my across the street neighbor.”  To this, my former colleague Swany called out, “The opposite of hotcakes is Janet Reno.”  All of this reminded by sailing friend Kurt of the country music experience, “I went to bed @ 2 with a 10 and woke up @ 10 with a 2.”

Along this line of thinking, my friend Royce wrote, “Being Suth-errr-in, I have no idea as to what a "hot cake" is. Now if you are talking about "hot cross buns" …..sorry not gonna go there.”

Please share your thoughts about "things that make you go 'Hmmm' “:

Why is it good that some things put hair on your chest?

In the dictionary, play comes before work.  Work is rewarding, enjoyable and necessary. Just remember to play to make a better day.

No comments: