Monday, February 20

Is there a better Valentine than yourself?


In response to last week’s question,   “Is there a better Valentine than yourself?”,  my friend Swany, whose advice I do miss, concluded, “it is really up to the "I" of the beholder.”

My birthday bud Jon wrote, “Of course—I married her!”, to which my sailing friend Kurt concurred, “only my beautiful bride” and my BBQ friend Alan shared, ‘Aw, that’s easy.  My better half!”

My dad’s beach buddy Bob advised, “There is no better gift than to give yourself.  What woman could refuse such a magnificent gift.”  My cycling friend Ted and my friend Royce were a bit more direct by answering “Nope!”

Then my friend Richard was a bit more humble, replying “There were a couple of Valentines who were much better than me in baseball: Bobby Valentine, who is now the manager of the Boston Red Sox, and Ellis Valentine, an outfielder with several teams in the 1970s and 1980s. On the bright side, I’m a LOT better than the St. Valentine’s Day Massacre of Al Capone fame.”

Please share your thoughts about "things that make you go 'Hmmm' “:

How come you never hear father-in-law jokes?

 Live well...laugh often and heartily…. have a good week and never regret anything that made you smile!
Hal

While the world is Irish on St Patrick’s day, does the world seem to be Catholic on Tuesday to observe Mardi Gras (but converting to something else when Lent does starts on Ash Wednesday)?

No comments: