Monday, April 23

If a bus or train station is where a bus or train stops, why do we say people have work stations?


In response to last week’s question,  “If a bus or train station is where a bus or train stops, why do we say people have work stations?”, my cycling friend Ted concluded, “The work station is quite simply where the brain stops!!”  To this, my friend Richard, who was honored on Saturday for his leadership in our temple, added, “Because that’s where work stops and Facebook begins!”

My Denver friend Mark shared, “I work in a large corp HQ, when visitors ask me how many people work here, I usually respond, "about half of them". Work and train stations are completely similar and you may want to add police stations."

“Have you ever actually seen work accomplished at a work station?” my sailing friend Kurt asked.  “As exibit A, I present the DMV office. I submit that they are called Work Stations because people come to a stop when they enter one.”

My dad’s beach buddy Bob replied, “Because you are supposed to be semi-conscious in a bus or train station, but it had better be in high alert status when it arrives at the work station.”

My BBQ friend Alan then advised, “The same reason we drive on Parkways and park in driveways.”

Please share your thoughts about "things that make you go 'Hmmm' “:

Are you ever too old to learn something stupid ?

Live well...laugh often and heartily…. have a good week and never regret anything that made you smile!

No comments: