Monday, April 30

Are you ever too old to learn something stupid?


In response to last week’s question,  “Are you ever too old to learn something stupid?”, my friend Royce concluded, “Oh hell no! I do it everyday, but nothing like Congress.”

My friend Stuart, happily retired and playing golf in SC declared, “No, you are never to old to learn, and don’t call me stupid.”

My construction friend Henry replied, “Yes.  I mean no.  Well I’m not sure……. Can you ask me the question again?”

My friend Richard noted, “As long as you are able to use Wikipedia and Twitter, the answer must be ‘no’.”  To this, my poster-happy friend Chris added, “The way the internet and social media now connects the world with useless information, blogs, articles, daily/hourly status updates and the infamous "I never should have posted that pic", it goes without saying that even the seasoned citizens of this great country (whom we all learned our morals from) are now shaking their heads in disbelief at what content is exposed and how stupid we all look to them. So to answer your question, no you are never too old to learn something stupid, however our older class of citizens probably wish they were. ;-)  ”

Please share your thoughts about "things that make you go 'Hmmm' “:

What is the opposite of a serious heart attack?
Live well...laugh often and heartily…. have a good week and never regret anything that made you smile!

Hal

Happy May Day, however you celebrate it.  May 1 just might have more holidays than any other day of the year. It's a celebration of Spring. It's a day of political protests. It's a neopagan festival, a saint's feast day, and a day for organized labor. In many countries, it is a national holiday.  Click here to read more.

No comments: