Monday, April 9

Where’s the line between pleasure and pain?


In response to last week’s question,  “Where’s the line between pleasure and pain?”,  my friend Tracey recalled, “In Orlando on spring break” while my sailing friend Mike concluded, “Your joint checking account balance! OK, so I’m kidding and please don't tell my wife .”

My former colleague Effie explained, “In my experience, it lies somewhere between the table and the scale.” And my birthday bud who lives near DC described this as “the subway line I take to work.”

My running, construction and sailing friend Henry called out, “per our previous discussion (on our second drink… I mean second mile), you only know where that line is when you cross it.”

My dad’s beach buddy Bob described the line as “a condition called ecstasy.”  My friend Royce wrote, “probably the best explanation is a declaration that says ‘OH! It hurts so gooood!’ “

My DISH guru friend Mark agreed as he recalled, “I'll never forget the line between pleasure and pain all those many years ago. It went something like, ‘stop…don't stop… stop...don't stop’.”

My cousin Don declared, “Pretty much nothing, according to my dominatrix.”  However, my cousin once removed Greg countered, “the line is how much extra you are willing to pay?” to which my friend Swany said, “about $50.”  My neighbor Al, however, chose to define this as “it all depends upon the woman in the black leather suit with the whip.  But probably the rectal probe!”

My cycling dentist friend Ted responded, “It lies between making love with your beautiful wife and that dental appointment you have the next day!”

Please share your thoughts about "things that make you go 'Hmmm' “:

Does the IRS have what it takes to take what you’ve got?

Live well...laugh often and heartily…. have a good week and never regret anything that made you smile!

Hal

Does paying taxes give cause to evaluate how our country is doing?  There is no better country in the world; at the same time I’m reminded of a Jimmy Buffett quote, “Remember that contentment is a quality best suited for cows, not cowboys.”

No comments: