Monday, May 7

What is the opposite of a serious heart attack?


In response to last week’s question,  “What is the opposite of a serious heart attack?”, my cycling friend Ted concluded, “that would be a very normal stress test!!” while my dad’s beach buddy Bob described it as “Indigestion with or without heartburn.”
My friend Royce rhymed, “I am tempted to say a "pharte attack", but I would never say that....”
My friend Kevin described this as “when my son Elliott cleans his room.”  My cousin Wes thinks it is “hitting your funny bone.”
And my friend Swany shared, “One would think a not-so-serious health event, perhaps a hang nail.  Or maybe if a heart can attack, it can also retreat but where would it retreat to?  There are those who are thought to have no heart so that could be the antithesis of a serious heart attack.  Reminds me of a poem I once wrote (see bottom of email).
Please share your thoughts about "things that make you go 'Hmmm' “:

Can a person be both intelligent and have common sense?  (from my technology and sailing friend Haim)

Live well...laugh often and heartily…. have a good week and never regret anything that made you smile!

Hal

Oneself True (from my friend Swany)
There is only one who knows every thought
and has felt the pain I've been through.
He feels what remains when the lesson's been taught
and keeps me from being untrue.
I rely on his strength to get through each day
and tell me which way I should take.
And if he could speak, what would he say
to keep joy in place of forsake?
What would he tell me to push me ahead
and get past the anguish of life?
Maybe he'd know how it was I got led
down the path of lingering strife.
What words would he offer if he could speak
to bring me back toward the light?
Would his voice be loud to stir what is weak
compelling my grief to take flight?
The one thing I know, he's always with me
although I may not treat him best.
He feels everything I turn out to be
He's the Heart that beats in my chest.

No comments: