Monday, March 18

With there being Daylight Savings Time, will the government tax your savings?



In response to last week’s question, “With there being Daylight Savings Time, will the government tax your savings?", my friend Richard concluded, "No, just your patience!"  My engineering friend Steve countered, "They already did... It cost the industry billions of dollars to reconfigure electronics when they changed the rules, and the cows still don't care what time the clock shows."

My writing and sailing friend Rich cautioned, "Sure they will try, but if you spend your extra daylight hours under a "Daylight Tax Umbrella" you won't get burned." 

My dad's beach buddy Bob complained, "They already are. They are taxing the dickens out of my retirement and social security funds that are running out of time."

My cycling friend Ted leaned to the right and quoted a past campaign slogan, " 'Yes we Can!'    Need I say more?"

Please share your thoughts about "things that make you go 'Hmmm' “:

How do you cure March Madness?

Live well...laugh often and heartily.... have a good week and never regret anything that made you smile!

Hal

Regarding madness, Charles Bukowski noticed that both in the very poor and very rich extremes of society the mad were often allowed to mingle freely.”  
(from Ham on Rye)

No comments: