Monday, March 25

How do you cure March Madness?



In response to last week’s question, “How do you cure March Madness?", my friend Swany challenged, "Why would you?"

My sailing and writing friend Rich recommended, "You consult a brackatoligist" and my Habitat for Humanity building friend Henry suggested, "take two ‘brackets’ and call me in the morning." 

My dad's beach buddy Bob proposed, "You take a shot of Kentucky bourbon first thing in the morning and the rest of the day goes by without a hitch."

My Dish friend Kendra concluded, "I think the only true cure is when the final buzzer sounds and a victor is decided.   I choose to avoid the “madness” altogether by rooting for a team without a dog in the fight!"  My birthday bud Jon didn't follow Kendra's advice, as he replied, "By losing in the first round, (Go Blue!)"

My engineering friend Steve proposed, "Not have a team in the hunt… I do now for the first time ever so I speak from experience.  Go Canes!"

My UT friend Bruce responded, "First to must "catch the fever"... I haven't and thus could care less...I have different things to do with my free time..."  to which my friend Tracey declared, "Turn the channel."

My sailing friend Kurt offered, "I just go sailing and the madness goes away."  My sailing friend Tom added, "Rx: Take 4 hrs of sailing, repeat as necessary, Call me at halftime."

My former colleague Effie and my friend Royce saw this from a literary perspective, "Ask the March Hare.  He knows...and he's pretty good to respond quickly if it isn't his un-birthday."

My social business colleague Andy declared, "April arriving" to which my videographer friend Ivan replied, "With April fools" while my database friend Kelly recalled, "With April Apathy?"

And then my future-looking friend Richard called out, "Opening day of the baseball season!"

Please share your thoughts about "things that make you go 'Hmmm' “:
Why isn't chocolate considered a vegetable since chocolate comes from cocoa beans, and all beans are a vegetable?
Live well...laugh often and heartily.... have a good week and never regret anything that made you smile!

Hal

  Mon:    Hag Sameach; Passover starts tonight.  Bring on the matzah.
  Wed:     Happy Birthday to my birthday buds Jon and  Adam.  Bring on the ice cream.
  Sun:     Happy Easter to those celebrating.  Bring on the chocolate.

No comments: