Monday, April 1

Why isn't chocolate considered a vegetable since chocolate comes from cocoa beans, and all beans are a vegetable?



In response to last week’s question, “Why isn't chocolate considered a vegetable since chocolate comes from cocoa beans, and all beans are a vegetable?",  my birthday bud Jon challenged "your presumption (that it’s not)."  My writing and sailing friend Rich offered his support, "Hold everything! Are you telling me coffee is vegetable juice?"

My cousin Valarie expressed her concern, "Chocolate isn't a vegetable?! Even though I've dutifully taken the five to nine servings a day in the name of good health?! :)  ", to which my friend Effie concurred, "I've been including it in my daily food groups for YEARS! ;) "

My new business owner friend Bruce declared, "Simple....chocolate has evolved into its own food group..."   And my DISH buddy John confirmed this.  "Around my house, chocolate is its own food category.  It also has a set schedule: Hot Chocolate 7 AM, Chocolate Chip Cookie 2-4 PM, Candy Bar 5 minutes after the kids are in bed.  (A “Smookie” has its own day of the month!)  The better question; why isn’t an avocado included in the junk food category?  (Guacamole 7 PM).   My organization guru Marya added, "Uh, duh!  Chocolate = Veggies, Wine = Fruit!  With the exception of a fabulous slice of NYC pizza, what else does a body need?" 

My friend Richard proposed, "Eating too much chocolate will contribute to a person becoming a couch potato, which is more or less a vegetable. Does that count?"

My neighbor Al explained that it is not "because chocolate is made from a processed bean and is not the bean itself.  Would you consider a fart a vegetable? It's made from beans! Sorry, sometimes you just want to fall back on 5 year old potty humor."  My dad's beach buddy Bob provided support by writing "Elementary....you don't pour chocolate over your salad or put in your salad, you don't pour vegetable juice over your ice cream sundae, so it isn't a vegetable."

Then my friend Royce offered his wisdom, "Details, details, details...one should enjoy without commentary. In essence, who cares?

Please share your thoughts about "things that make you go 'Hmmm' “:
 
If the Cincinnati Reds were the first major league baseball team, who did they play? 

Live well...laugh often and heartily.... have a good week and never regret anything that made you smile!

 Hal

Syracuse to the Final 4!  OK, so we're proud of the great defense.  Bring on Big Blue.

Happy April Fools Day.  It's OK to use 5 minutes of your time for a little humor.  Nobody ever died from laughter.
My cousin Dave wanted to add his response to last week's March Madness cure.  "Austin, where I live, had the 2nd and 3rd rounds for the first time since 1995.  NCAA avoids conflicts with SXSW and the first weekend of basketball started a week later than normal this year.  I attended 4 games Friday and 2 on Sunday.  Think I am cured.  What was the question?"

No comments: