Monday, June 3

Do you really wait until Memorial Day to wear white again?



In response to last week’s question, "Do you really wait until Memorial Day to wear white again?",  my business community management friend Rashida declared, "I DID NOT wait until Memorial Day to wear white, but each time I wore white, I thought for 10 seconds about how I was "breaking the rule." Can't wait until there is no rule to break here."  My friend Royce offered his support, saying, "But I did that already!"

My friend Richard queried, " Does underwear count?" to which my dad's beach buddy Bob replied, "I wear white jockey shorts year round.  Remind me again in the morning."  And my writing and sailing friend Rich added, "Moot point. I haven't worn white since Fruit of the Loom introduced colors, blue Monday, green Tuesday, hot pink Wednesday, etc."

My social collaboration friend Mark opined, "When people started wearing plaid shirts and striped ties, showing their underwear, and bra-straps showing under a tank top, I gave up caring about right and wrong fashion. It's anything goes from here on, baby.  PS: I am only a couple of years from black socks and Bermuda shorts, so maybe I am not the best one to ask."

And then my Dish friend John put this all in perspective by explaining, "Living in Utah, after a long winter filled with snow, we don’t allow people to wear white in Summer.  It brings back painful memories."

Please share your thoughts about "things that make you go 'Hmmm' “:

What does a June bug do in July?

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

No comments: