Monday, June 24

How do you fix stupid?



In response to last week’s question, "How do you fix stupid?," my neighbor Al recalled, "My Dad used his belt.  My Mom used the cord off one of her electrical appliances. (Am I showing my age that I know about electric appliances when you could unplug the cord to clean it?)."   Similarly, my writing and sailing friend Rich shared, "My wife keeps trying to fix it with a sharp blow to the back of my head."

Yet my golden retriever rescue friend Kate declared, "Don't even try if you want to keep someone as a friend.  Just accept it, enjoy their company, and don't ever take their advice.  (Actually, their advice might work.)"  To this, my social media friend Mark recommended, "At least teach the stupid some manners...which would not fix the stupid, but they would be more pleasant to be around. "

My friend Swany suggested the solution that fixes pretty much everything, "Duct tape and WD40" while my dad's beach buddy Bob suggested, "You send them into a voting booth."   My friend Kelly advised, "Throwing a brick through the TV is a good place to start!"

My cousin Wes observed, "Duh, you have to ask?  Like can you change people?    See G-d." 

To this, my friend Doug, who recently relocated to wild, weird Austin counseled, "You can't fix stupid…..and only stupid people would try.  "Stupid is what stupid does".

Please share your thoughts about "things that make you go 'Hmmm' “:

What does Summer feel like?

We don't stop laughing because we get old. We get old because we stop laughing.  Make it a priority to have fun and make others laugh.

Hal

[Thanks to Demetri Martin, Steven Wright and George Carlin for the inspiration.]

No comments: