Monday, July 1

What does Summer feel like?



In response to last week’s question, "What does Summer feel like?", my writing and sailing friend Rich cautioned, "After April's reaction, I decided it was better not to see what Summer felt like."  

My cousin Sunny recalled the bright side, writing, "Oh my. It feels like being 10 years old at camp. There’s nothing better!  :-)"
My birthday bud Jon observed, "In Washington, it feels like one big hot steamy wet yuck!"  That led to my dad's beach buddy Bob pointing out, "A need for stronger deodorant."

My friend Richard replied, "We’re in Georgia, so I assume that was a typographical error. I am sure you meant 'simmer'.”  My friend Tracey added, "Summer feels like Hell! Hot, sticky, uncomfortable."  To this, my Parrothead friend Sam expounded, "In Georgia, summer has a split personality.  Prior to a storm, it has a swollen, ripe, need-an-iced-tea feel... After a storm, there is a run through the grass, follow-the-rainbow feel."
Two other notes:  My broadcasting TV friend Bill responded to "How do you fix stupid?" by confirming "You can't."  And my Internet-bubble friend Ed who lives in Austin wrote, "Hey, I resemble the wild weird Austin comment.....Ed (helping to keep Austin wild, weird, and wacky)."

Please share your thoughts about "things that make you go 'Hmmm' “:

What makes a hot dog All-American?

We don't stop laughing because we get old. We get old because we stop laughing.  Make it a priority to have fun and make others laugh.

Hal

Happy Independence Day.  Say what you want about the US Congress (and if it's negative, you're probably right), two things we can agree on is that the US Constitution is brilliant and our protecting our democracy is of the utmost importance.  Happy 237th birthday!
  
[Thanks to Demetri Martin, Steven Wright and George Carlin for the inspiration.]

No comments: