Monday, July 29

Why would someone say 'We're expecting some weather today'?



In response to last week’s question, " Why would someone say 'We're expecting some weather today'?" , Bruce, my friend at The Weather Channel shared, " Because that person wants to always be right."  To this, my friend Royce proposed, "They don't like commitment."

My writing and sailing friend Rich explained, "Because it doesn't matter whether it's hot or cold, whether it's dry or wet, whether it's windy or calm, there will always be weather, whether you like it or not." 

My dad's beach buddy Bob replied, "Only a person under the weather would not know the difference between weather and wether.*

My always insightful cousin Sunny (http://www.suncoach.com/category/blog), offered, "Because they live in Arizona and anything involving clouds or precipitation is called “weather”!  ;-) "  To this, my very musical engineering friend Blair surmised, "If they live in San Diego where every day is basically the same, they normally have no expectations."

My flying and cycling friend Ted noted, "As a pilot, if we are expecting some weather, we may need a barf bag. There also happens to be a term for when there is no weather-- the term is CAVU-- Ceiling And Visibility Unlimited."

Please share your thoughts about "things that make you go 'Hmmm' “:

When is it too much ?

Life may not be the party we had hoped for, but while we're here we should dance (and laugh).

Hal

*Wether is  a castrated male sheep.

On a personal note from my birthday bud Adam, " Wore my Parrotheads Atlanta shirt again this weekend, takes a licking and keeps on ticking."  It's nice to hear that my friends have their priorities and are doing well…..

[Thanks to Demetri Martin, Steven Wright and George Carlin for the inspiration.]

No comments: