Monday, August 5

When is it too much?



In response to last week’s question, "When is it too much?",  my engineering friend Steve described this as, "It's too much when the involved body part feels like it's going to explode."  While Steve may have been referring to rafting or running, my dad's beach buddy Bob warned, "after the 4th martini."  To this, my project management buddy KJ explained, "It's when the risks outweigh the benefits.  Touche."

My sailing friend Tom explained this as, "When it starts running over the top" to which my friend Royce counseled, "It's after it's too little." My cycling friend Ted replied, "Never--if the subject is sex. Always- if the subject is work."

My writing and sailing friend Rich recalled, "It's when my wife applies the correction (dope slap) to the back of my head."

My college roomie John summarized, "Too much fun, not sure?  Too much money, hmmm?  Too much of certain people, you will know soon enough.   Too much time with family and friends, haven't hit that yet,  but I live alone."

My training friend Bruce, whose unwritten history includes time touring with 3 Dog Night, suggested, "When they're arrested for stalking."

And my sailing friend Brad responded, "Hal, you are always too much."

Please share your thoughts about "things that make you go 'Hmmm' “:

                Is it still grouper if you eat it alone?   (from my cycling friend Ted)

Life may not be the party we had hoped for, but while we're here we should dance (and laugh).

Hal

My cousin Sunny  (http://www.suncoach.com/category/blog) passed along insight from her husband Roy, a former air traffic controller, who explained that in aviation, 'you have weather' when conditions are such that instruments may be required when flying. Thought you'd like to know!"

[Thanks to Demetri Martin, Steven Wright and George Carlin for the inspiration.]

No comments: