Monday, September 16

Is a clear conscience the sign of a bad memory?



In response to last week’s question, "Is a clear conscience the sign of a bad memory?", my product management friend and father of two, Doug advised, "No one makes it through their college or early parenting years with a “Clear Conscience.”  I wouldn’t call it bad memory, but it’s certainly “Selective Memory”.  (By the way, as every married man knows, a “Selective Memory” can be an invaluable survival tool.)

My dad's beach buddy Bob P countered, "No, It is a sign of a convenient memory!"  To this, my birthday bud Jon suggested, "Or a boring life."

My improv friend Bruce quipped, "I forgot what you just asked."  My IT friend Kosol continued, "A clear conscience is actually the sign of...wait, I forgot what I was writing about." And my social media friend Mark added, "If that were true, and I had a clear conscience, I would not remember that I did. So in all honesty, I have no answer for you. That I can remember anyway."

My cycling friend Ted replied, "Yes--For the Devil and certain politicians!"

Please share your thoughts about "things that make you go 'Hmmm' “:

                What do you have when you get tired of thinking? 

Life  is too short for drama and petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly, and forgive  quickly.

Hal

Passing along one more responses to "Why do pajama bottoms have pockets?"  From my DISH friend and new mom, Kendra who wrote, "Excited to read peoples thoughts on “why pajama bottoms have pockets?” J  I have also wondered the same thing about infant pajamas.  J "  
    
[Thanks to Demetri Martin, Steven Wright and George Carlin for the inspiration.]

No comments: