Monday, September 23

What do you have when you get tired of thinking?



In response to last week’s question, "What do you have when you get tired of thinking? ", my sailing friend Scott suggested, "Sleep!  Or, maybe sailing (cruising, not racing)" to which my dad's beach buddy Bob added, "Sleep or a memory loss depending on your age."

My hiking friend Kelly replied, "TV" and my writing and sailing friend Rich added, "A YouTube video that starts out with "Dude! Watch this!"

My dog rescue friend David explained, "This must be a multiple choice answer as many answers work (in no particular order): Reality television, Alcohol, Corporate Governance, Obama-nism, Windows 8?   Too hard to choose just one, perhaps some alcohol will help. (Combination answers ok too).    Then it could be simple.  Perhaps “Thunk” is the answer as in 'Think, thank, thunk.' "

My birthday bud Jon and friend Richard agreed, "A job in management."   My cycling friend Ted countered, "A college graduate!"

My cousin Wes concluded, "Thoughtlessness" to which my product mgmt friend Doug added, "A promising career in politics!"   My engineering friend Steve agreed, "Lack of thought aka politicians, or did they ever think? Not sure," to which my neighbor Al suggested, "A liberal politician."

My project mgmt friend KJ  shared, "A forced shutdown which means all brain systems must go offline for a period of time in order for a system refresh to occur. Yes, I’m in the computer industry, yes I am."

My social media friend Mark surmised, "An empty coffee cup and an impossible-to-ignore urge to leave the office early."  And my friend Royce replied simply, "A tired brain."

My friend Richard also shared the old riddle he was reminded of:
QUESTION:  What’s the difference between a catfish and a manager?
ANSWER:  One is a scum-sucking, garbage-eating, bottom dweller.  The other is a fish.

Please share your thoughts about "things that make you go 'Hmmm' “:

Why does someone believe you when you say there are four billion stars, but check when you say the plate is hot?  (from my friend Mark)

Life  is too short for drama and petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly, and forgive  quickly.

Hal

If you know someone with a golden retriever in the ATL area, please let me know so that I can invite them to a great dog party (a petting zoo of sorts) on Oct 13.  Info at www.grra.com .
     
[Thanks to Demetri Martin, Steven Wright and George Carlin for the inspiration.]

No comments: