Monday, November 18

Can you claim something about you is hereditary if your parents don't have it?



In response to last week’s question, "Can you claim something about you is hereditary if your parents don't  have it?", my writing and sailing friend Rich declared, "Anything is possible as long as you are willing not to let the facts (or in this case DNA) stand in the way of a good story. A trait I am proud to say that say that I inherited from the preachers, teachers and convicts that are my ancestors."

My dad's beach buddy Bob replied, "Only if it is hair."

My Parrothead friend Samantha shared, "Heck no- I blame it all on them.  Good looks and insanity go hand in hand..." to which my friend Royce added, "it certainly works!"

And my social media friend Mark advised, "You cannot claim heredity, but you can still blame them for everything else in your life. Everything we do not want to take responsibility for is either nature or nurture. There are no other choices."

Please share your thoughts about "things that make you go 'Hmmm' “:

What should a child do when hearing a compliment from a stranger?

Live well...laugh often and heartily.... have a good week and never regret anything that made you smile!

Hal

For a truly inspiring kick-off to your Thanksgiving holiday join us in person (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ecumenical-Thanksgiving-Celebration/119602054760740 ), or online (http://crawford4.video4ever.net/transplayer/) this Thu, 11/21 at 7pm.
     
[Thanks to Demetri Martin, Steven Wright and George Carlin for the inspiration.]


No comments: