Monday, November 25

What should a child do when hearing a compliment from a stranger?



In response to last week’s question, "What should a child do when hearing a compliment from a stranger?", my sailing friend Bradley recommended, "Take the candy and run away- best of both worlds."  My neighbor Al agreed, "Take the candy and run, but the judge told me I can't talk about it."

My writing and sailing friend Rich offered, "Can you put that in writing?  Mom and Dad need proof that I am not Satan's whelp."

My hiking friend Kelly cautioned, "Examine the inside of the stranger’s van carefully for any signs that the stranger is a fan of Michael Jackson."   My dad's beach buddy Bob suggested, "Smile, say thank you, then extend their hand and say 'please to get the real green stuff,' or at least a hand shake."

My social media friend Mark replied, "Same as an adult...say thank you, smile, and move on" to which my college roomie John added, "but no reason to start a dialog."

Please share your thoughts about "things that make you go 'Hmmm' “:

When are you eligible to eat at the adult table?

Live well...laugh often and heartily.... have a good week and never regret anything that made you smile!

Hal

Happy Thanksgiving, and Happy Thanksgivukkah.  It's about the oil.  For a little Thanksgivukkah related humor:
    
[Thanks to Demetri Martin, Steven Wright and George Carlin for the inspiration.]

No comments: