Monday, June 16

Is your imagination real?



In response to last week’s question, "Is your imagination real?",  my birthday bud  Jon replied, "I imagine so" while my friend Royce wrote, "Only if I imagine it," to which my engineering friend Steve expounded, "Who knows… how do we know this isn’t all just imagination?"

Taking a cue from my engineering friend, my social media friend Mark hypothesized, " Yes because a) imagination is a thought; b) a thought is real, so c) imagination is real."

My dad's beach buddy Bob noted, "If it is, I would be in real trouble!" to which my writing and sailing friend Rich added, "It is real enough when the stakes are life and death, like when my wife is greeting me at the door and I need imagination to come up with an excuse that is going to save me from her wrath for being late to dinner with her mother."

My neighbor Al concluded, "Imagination?  You wrote imagination, not creativity.  My imagination is not real.  I bought a Power Ball ticket and imagined that I actually won! Obviously that never happened because I'm still living down the street from Hal!"  

My cousin Greg pointed out, "I don't know about that one, you may need to ask my imaginary friends," to which one of my male sailing friends anonymously  quipped, "she sure feels real."

Please share your thoughts about this week's "things that make you go 'Hmmm' “:

Is there time in eternity? (from my friend Lesley)

Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that makes you smile!

Hal


Thanks to Demetri Martin, Steven Wright and George Carlin for the inspiration.








No comments: