Monday, June 2

"What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?



In response to last week’s question, "What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?", my birthday bud Jon queried, "You don't really expect an answer, do you?"; several people did.

My writing and sailing friend Rich concluded, "If you tell a joke and don't expect anyone to laugh, does that make it rhetorical or just a bad joke?"

My cycling friend Ted observed, "When you cross a joke with a rhetorical question you sometimes wind up with a marriage!" to which my dad's beach buddy Bob noted, "or an argument with your wife."

My friend Royce suggested that it's "a repeating laugh" while my corporate culture friend (and 1st time contributor) Terri K responded, "confusion, but then I am very slow on the draw with jokes in the first place."

My friend Carrie, who provided the question,  shared "How can you tell the difference between a chemist and a plumber?  Ask them to pronounce unionized."

Please share your thoughts about this week's "things that make you go 'Hmmm' “:

Is stupidity a handicap that gets you a better parking space?

Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that makes you smile!

Hal

Being off of the grid last week was a delight (including the picture below) yet I did miss my family and friends.   Wishes for a speedy recovery to my cycling friend Ted's mom as well as my mom.

No comments: