Monday, April 20

How can the IRS be less taxing?



In response to last week’s question, "How can the IRS be less taxing?", my writing and sailing friend Rich suggested that, "It would be less taxing if they had to be nice and competent like a  good waiter and earn their percentage of my check.  A large glass of wine and nice piece of fish wouldn’t hurt either."  

My neighbor Al noted, "That's an interesting deduction" while my engineering friend Steve advised simply, "By shutting down!"

My social media friend Mark pointed out, "If they taxed us less, we would find life in the ole' USA even more taxing, when all the good programs get cut that we are too selfish to pay for on our own. So I guess my answer is that 'they' could be less taxing if they taxed us more and we got more 'free' stuff that we already feel entitled to."    To this, my cousin Wes offered, "Be low income and get an earned income tax credit. Otherwise pay more. Your schedule of medical exclusion went up to 10% from 7.5%. Remember Obama loves the middle class familyat least their tax dollars.

My cycling friend Ted quipped, "As one who is binge watching the Sopranos on Amazon Prime, I have a new take on how to solve problem. I'll get Tony on it right away!"

And my cousin Dave lamented, "Pretty amazing that Federal Tax was only implemented in 1913 and it was simple to figure out.   Guess what I was working on last MondayMy taxes."

Please share your thoughts about this week's "things that make you go 'Hmmm' “:

Can soap get dirty? (from my neighbor Al)

We don't stop laughing because we get old. We get old because we stop laughing.  Make it a priority to have fun and make others laugh.

Hal

Thanks to Demetri Martin, Steven Wright and George Carlin for the inspiration for Hmmm.  Stop by www.nichelabs.com to see what else I'm up to.

     





No comments: