Monday, April 13

With baseball season starting, what happens if you wear dark clothes and sit in the bleachers? + a Tax Day question



In response to last week’s question, "With baseball season starting, what happens if you wear dark clothes and sit in the bleachers?" my equestrian friend Royce replied, "You get very HOT!" which my writing friend Stan revised to be, "You shvitz." 

And my temple friend Richard expanded on that, "If you sit in the bleachers wearing dark clothes in June, July, or August, you will sweat a lot, and you won’t smell very good. However, since the Braves has now traded away almost every major leaguer on their roster, nobody else will be sitting in the bleachers, so no one will be offended. When the Braves were winning and the bleachers are full, it smelled like bacon frying in coconut oil!"

My neighbor Al asked, "Isn't that why the stadiums sort the fans in sections?"

My dad's beach buddy Bob worried, "If I were dark clothes, they would probably use me to clean he seats.  If I wear dark clothes I would be regarded as a preacher praying for the kids smoking pot."  My St George's friend Bruce also noticed the typo, "…didn't graduate from third grade?   WHERE vs. WEAR.   Im just happy that here it is opening day and the Cubbies are only ONE game out of first place in their division!"

My sailing friend Norm  suggested, "Wear all black, but for a white baseball glove. Sit in the outfield or somewhere foul balls may land.  When you catch a ball, to the TV audience, it will appear (actually not appear) as only a glove with no body caught the ball!"

My cousin Wes shared, "Where are my dark clothes? Since the question is asked , I expect what will happen is a full body sunburn.  If I find and wear them, I will just get hot.  It is a good idea for a Rockies' home opener." 

…or maybe you don't get hot because the bleach makes dark clothes light?

Please share your thoughts about this week's "things that make you go 'Hmmm' “: 

How can the IRS be less taxing?

We don't stop laughing because we get old. We get old because we stop laughing.  Make it a priority to have fun and make others laugh.

Hal

FYI: In 1913, Wyoming ratified the 16th Amendment, providing the three-quarter majority of states necessary to amend the Constitution. The 16th Amendment gave Congress the authority to enact an income tax. That same year, the first Form 1040 appeared after Congress levied a 1 percent tax on net personal incomes above $3,000 with a 6 percent surtax on incomes of more than $500,000.  Might one say that it's been downhill since then? (www.irs.gov/uac/Brief-History-of-IRS)

Thanks to Demetri Martin, Steven Wright and George Carlin for the inspiration for Hmmm.  Stop by www.nichelabs.com to see what else I'm up to.

     





No comments: