Monday, April 27

Can soap get dirty?



In response to last week’s question, "Can soap get dirty?",  my writing and sailing friend Rich quipped, "Oh yeah!"  to this my transportation friend Joe added, "Depends on who is holding the soap."  My social media friend Mark then expounded, "It depends on who is using it and where and why." 

My temple friend Richard observed, "Yes, soap can get dirty. Then it is called a “soap opera” if shown on daytime television or “reality television” if it airs in the evening. Every vice known to mankind (and a few with which we may not even be familiar) makes a guest appearance on those shows."  This would explain my equestrian friend Royce's reply, "Of course."

My dad's beach buddy Bob shared, "That's the point, to get the dirty out."  Chris, another transportation friend pointed out it's "only the white bars."  To this, my engineering friend Steve observed, "Ever seen that bar of soap at your mechanics? Hell yes!"

My cousin Wes recalled, "If not, what was Mother thinking when she used it wash out dirty words?   To this, my cycling friend Ted concluded, "Didn't you ever get your mouth washed out with soap as a kid? That stuff sure did not taste clean!! And, as the Zoo Keeper of 2 teenagers, the question of clean or dirty soap becomes irrelevant when they don't use it!"

Please share your thoughts about this week's "things that make you go 'Hmmm' “:

What is the opposite of planning?

"Life may not be the party we had hoped for, but while we're here we should dance."

Hal

Thanks to Demetri Martin, Steven Wright and George Carlin for the inspiration for Hmmm.  Stop by www.nichelabs.com to see what else I'm up to.

     






No comments: