Monday, June 8

Can you be stationary in Mobile (AL)?



In response to last week’s question, "Can you be stationary in Mobile (AL)?," my cycling friend Ted observed, " Yes you can.  And it seems like the most stationary folks in Mobile live in mobile homes.

My neighbor Al queried, "You can have a stationary bike, so why not?"  My flower shop friend Bruce challenged, "I don't think you can be stationary, but perhaps a stamp (you'd have to ask my therapist)."

My dad's beach buddy Bob pointed out, "I know of a place called Office Depot there that is full of stationery items."

My temple friend Richard recalled, "Bob Dylan released a song in 1967 titled “Stuck Inside of Mobile With The Memphis Blues Again.” If you are stuck in Mobile, that would certainly indicate you are stationary!"

My PR friend Stan replied, "Yes, especially if their traffic lights stay red as long as Atlanta's."

My writing and sailing friend Rich proposed, "Yes you can!  I recommend that get you get real stationary during Mardi Gras and just let the party flow right over you."

My temple friend Bob concluded, "If you're not a stickler for the spelling of the word station(a)(e)ry and you were a tree in a previous life or a statue in this one, the answer is, yes."

Please share your thoughts about this week's "things that make you go 'Hmmm' “:

            Can If a girl fell in the water, could she be Buoyant?  (from my young drinking friend Ellie)

Live well...laugh often and heartily.... have a good week and never regret anything that made you smile!

Hal


Thanks to Demetri Martin, Steven Wright and George Carlin for the inspiration for Hmmm.  Stop by www.nichelabs.com to see what else I'm up to.


     






No comments: