Monday, October 26

What is it not really necessary to add pumpkin to? and a Halloween question



In response to last week’s question, "What is it not really necessary to add pumpkin to?,"  my network management friend Andrew concisely wrote, "One word: October."  

My writing and sailing friend Rich advised, "The Juicer – No amount of vodka is going to make Pumpkin Juice work."

When my equestrian friend Royce suggested, "Coffee!," my transportation friend Chris expounded, "Coffee should taste like coffee and Whiskey should taste like whiskey."    And my temple friend Stuart added, "pumpkin should not be added to hard candies, scotch, whiskey, bourbon, vodka, scented toilet paper, air freshener, lollipops, and, oh yes, this conversation."

My birthday bud Jon essentially ended the discussion with, "Anything that is not pumpkin pie" except that my cousin Wes shared, "I am not a fan of pumpkin pie.  But those Costco pumpkin muffins are yummy."

Please share your thoughts about this week's "things that make you go 'Hmmm' “:

When is one person's trick another person's treat?

Live. Love. Learn. Laugh .. Lighten up!  
Hal

Wishing y'all a safe, fun All Saints Eve, the only time you should use your kids to gather chocolate and then take it away from them for their own good.

And one note from my dad's beach buddy Bob, who responded to "Can you have incorrectly auto-corrected words?" by observing, "Isn't that how we created double negatives?"

Thanks to Demetri Martin, Steven Wright and George Carlin for the inspiration for Hmmm.  Stop NicheLabs to see what else I'm up to.

No comments: