Monday, November 2

When is one person's trick another person's treat?



In response to last week’s question, "When is one person's trick another person's treat?," my birthday bud Jon observed, "When one is a sadist and the other a masochist."   To this, my social media friend Mark called out, "When his wife wanted a divorce anyway," and my dad's beach buddy Bob noted, "only when they trick you out of your money."

My product marketing friend Doug shared, "After a recent 'All Guys' trip to Las Vegas, I refuse to answer this question on the grounds that it may incriminate me.... 'I Plead the fifth!'  And my equestrian friend Royce concurred, "I'm not gonna touch that one...."

My neighbor Al asked, "Are you really going to make me go there?  After all it is the oldest profession."   To this, my temple friend Richard added, "At 34th Street and Broadway in New York City. Oh, sorry. You asked 'when,' not 'where'".
And my writing and sailing friend Rich recalled, "When that person’s name is Wile E. Coyote."

Please share your thoughts about this week's "things that make you go 'Hmmm' “:

Why don’t food trucks deliver?

Live. Love. Learn. Laugh .. Lighten up!  
Hal

For those of you in the Atlanta area, consider saving Thu, Nov 19 at 7pm for an inspiring and humorous evening to kick-off your Thanksgiving (yes, the Thu before Thanksgiving).  Click here for details about our 11th annual Ecumenical Thanksgiving Celebration.

For those of you not in the Atlanta area, follow this link to watch a live stream (or later, on demand).


Thanks to Demetri Martin, Steven Wright and George Carlin for the inspiration for Hmmm.  Stop NicheLabs to see what else I'm up to.

No comments: