Monday, November 16

"When a sign says 'keep away from children,' to whom are they referring?



In response to last week’s question, "When a sign says 'keep away from children,' to whom are they referring?,"  my neighbor Al replied, "If you are talking to my parole officer he's talking about me.  If it concerns poison or heavy equipment.. the children."

My dad's beach buddy Bob cautioned, "Everybody who hasn't taken a course on the subject to protect themselves from a lawsuit," to which my temple friend Bob suggested, "my uncle Leo."

My talented piano playing friend Ira shared, "Obviously they are referring to the children's parents, specifically when the children are being pains in the neck or elsewhere."   My social media friend Mark concurred, "They are talking to my wife. She does everything she can to 'keep away from children.' "

My networking friend Andrew explained, "'Keep away' is a game children play, so it means that this game originated (came 'from') children."

And my sailing friend Bradley  acknowledged, "When they say 'keep away from children,' I think they are referring to loaded rifles, handguns, and muskets (unloaded ones are fine if you don’t mind cleaning slobber off them), battle axes, racing motorcycles, big pointy knives, attack dogs (the ones that attack randomly, not the trained kind), explosives, high voltage electricity, deranged wildlife, hunting arrows, torches, and my girlfriend's cooking.  Basically anything in and around my house.  At least that’s what my former friends with small children tell me.  Apparently I’m not very good with the ‘child-proofing’ concept."

Please share your thoughts about this week's "things that make you go 'Hmmm' “: 

Can you have an enlightening bolt?  from my biz coaching friend David C

Live. Love. Learn. Laugh .. Lighten up!  
Hal

For those of you in the Atlanta area, consider saving this Thu, Nov 19 at 7pm for an inspiring and humorous evening to kick-off your Thanksgiving (yes, the Thu before Thanksgiving).  Click here for details about our 11th annual Ecumenical Thanksgiving Celebration.  

For those of you not in the Atlanta area, follow this link to watch a live stream (or later, on demand).

Thanks to Demetri Martin, Steven Wright and George Carlin for the inspiration for Hmmm.  Stop by NicheLabs to see what else I'm up to.

No comments: