Monday, November 30

Why do we take so much food on ThanksGIVING?



In response to last week’s question, "Why do we take so much food on Thanksgiving?,"  my social media friend Mark explained, "Since there are zero calories in anything we eat on Thanksgiving Day, we are not really taking anything at all."  My equestrian friend Royce challenged this with, "'We'? Speak for yourself. I'm on a diet!"

My dad's beach buddy Bob replied out, "So that we will have enough to make a turkey soup with the leftovers."

My sailing friend Norm pointed out, "What do you mean 'take'?  We are having 25 hungry relatives over.  We don't 'take' so much food. We GIVE so much food for Thanksgiving!"  I wish my cycling friend Ted felt this way as his family hosted my family for Thanksgiving dinner and he wrote, "This year I won't let you take any!  I'm keeping it all for myself!"

And my hiking friend Kelly ask that for people who do take so much is "because we’re assholes?"

Please share your thoughts about this week's "things that make you go 'Hmmm' “:

If you argue with an idiot, will he beat you with experience?

Live. Love. Learn. Laugh .. Lighten up!  
Hal

My IT friend Kosol wrote that he watched our 11th annual Ecumenical Thanksgiving Celebration, where speakers expressed how Christianity, Islam, Judaism and Sikhism support each other.  "Nice to see the many different religions getting together. I didn't know everyone could visit a Jewish temple.   This was enlightening bolt."  Click here  if you want to be inspired.

And thanks to Demetri Martin, Steven Wright and George Carlin for the inspiration for Hmmm.  Stop by NicheLabs to see what else I'm up to.

No comments: