Monday, February 8

Did you just ask me if I ever had déjà vu? + a Valentines Day question

In response to last week’s question, " Did you just ask me if I ever had déjà vu?,"  my cousin Greg replied, "I could have sworn I've already asked you......" and my sailing friend Norm    queried, "didn't we answer that question before. It seems we did."  To this, my videographer friend Ivan added, "No, but I'm going to yesterday."

My equestrian friend Royce noted, "No, but Yogi Berra had it 'all over again,'  so evidently it repeats itself."

My dad's beach buddy Bob complimented, "No Hal, I know you haven'tAccording to the definition:  involves having that feeling of knowing in a situation in which you are experiencing something totally new.  You have it all...Much like your father."

My temple friend Stuart "did  not recall much about déjà vu. I will ask if you ever had that feeling of vujà dé, that feeling that you've never been someplace before?" which another temple friend Lesley concurred, "The question is not familiar to me.  Is this a case of vujà dé?"

My friend Richard explained, "I’m at the age now where I have a sense of déjà vu when I can’t remember something and I suddenly realize I had forgotten the same damned thing at least once before.  There are, however, some advantages to losing one’s memory. For example, there is no such thing as leftovers. I also recall Groucho Marx’s great line:  'I never forget a face. However, in your case I’m willing to make an exception!' ”

And my cycling friend Ted suggested, "Crosby Stills Nash and Young know the answer to that."

Please share your thoughts about this week's "things that make you go 'Hmmm' " :

Is there a reason that red connotes love and is the color of a teacher's correction notes?  

Give me a sense of humor; give me the ability to understand a clean joke; to get some humor out of life, and to pass it on to other folks. 
Hal

Make this a sweetheart of a week and show appreciation to the ones you love.  While chocolate is a popular way, expressing your appreciation, and explaining why goes a long, long way.  And in my case, along with my wife, my son, my dad and family who are so supportive and helpful, I'm fortunate to have some many friends who take time to reply to Hmmm and brightens my day.


Thanks to Demetri Martin, Steven Wright and George Carlin for the inspiration for Hmmm.  Stop by NicheLabs to see what else I'm up to.

No comments: