Monday, February 15

Is there a reason that red connotes love and is the color of a teacher's correction notes?

In response to last week’s question, "Is there a reason that red connotes love and is the color of a teacher's correction notes?," my PR colleague Stan noted that, "both make your face turn red."

My dad's beach buddy Bob concluded, "It is elementary..  Have you ever met a teacher who didn't just love to correct you," which my equestrian friend Royce added, "Could be a reminder of the crush I had on my 3rd grade teacher, Miss Rambonet..."

My temple friend Richard observed, "Red is the color of blood, which makes sense when you are discussing a teacher’s corrections. How does the color of blood relate to love? Well, as Nazareth noted many years ago in a song, “Love hurts. Love scars. Love wounds and marks.”

Please share your thoughts about this week's "things that make you go 'Hmmm' “:

Can something be epically stupid and not regretted? from my cousin Marc

Give me a sense of humor; give me the ability to understand a clean joke; to get some humor out of life, and to pass it on to other folks,

Hal

Today is the 284th anniversary of the birth of…….the owner of "I can not tell a lie; I cut down the cherry tree" who also said
·         Observe good faith and justice towards all nations; cultivate peace and harmony with all.”
·         “We should never despair, our situation before has been unpromising and has changed for the better, so I trust, it will again. If new difficulties arise, we must only put forth new exertions and proportion our efforts to the exigency of the times.”
….our first president, George Washington.


Thanks to Demetri Martin, Steven Wright and George Carlin for the inspiration for Hmmm.  Stop by NicheLabs to see what else I'm up to.

No comments: