Monday, April 11

When do you say 'nope' instead of 'no'?

Inspired by Demetri Martin, Steven Wright and George Carlin, here are responses to last week’s question, " When do you say 'nope' instead of 'no'?,"   my social media friend Mark replied, "Nope is for when you want to stop the conversation. 'Nope...and I don't want to talk about this either'," to which my social collaboration friend Tricia expounded, "I say 'nope' when I mean it and there is no discussion.  Kind of a 'I can't believe you would even think that is a possibility' attitude.  :)    No, on the other hand, might mean we can discuss it or I don't think so at this time.  That's from your Southern friend" who enjoys eating at the Silver Skillet.   And my Parrothead friend Samantha concurred, "Nope is my automatic response when a student starts a conversation with, 'I know the exam was last week, but...' " "

My college roomie John responded, "If someone says, 'Yep'."  My cycling friend Ted concluded, "When you are sitting in a corn field with a piece of straw between your teeth (or tooth?)."

My sailing friend Bradley and my dad's beach buddy Bob  counseled, "When you speak to a dope, I always say nope to dope," to which my temple from Richard B amplified, "I’d say 'nope' if offered soap on a rope by a dope. I prefer to cope with a regular bar of soap. If I happen to drop it, I won’t mope or lose hope."

Please send me your thoughts about this week's "things that make you go 'Hmmm' “:

Is the income tax return fiction or non-fiction?  (paraphrasing Herman Wouk)

Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably And never regret anything that made you smile!   

Hal


PS:  Thanks to Demetri Martin, Steven Wright and George Carlin for the inspiration for Hmmm.  Stop by NicheLabs to see what else I'm up to.

No comments: